Monday, June 1, 2009

Remembering Child-Like Curiosity...

Curious Child
I remember when I was a child I was curious about life. I wanted to know how the world worked.

As a consequence, I was always outdoors exploring.

From the time I woke up and had my breakfast, I would tell my mother that I would be back later, and off I would dash to explore what I could in my area of the world of which I was permitted play.

But, I was exploring. I remained curious and interested in the things and people around me. Then when I got married, it was about taking our relationship to the next level, and all sense of play and curiosity was over for all practical purposes.

I stopped questioning and started accusing.

Why are you doing things that way?

What do you mean about that?

My questions were not one of being interested, but figuring it out to see if it was part of my agenda, and if not, then how can I shut it down so that it does not threaten me, as in my identity.

What I was doing was failing to see the beauty in remaining open to learning about this wonderful person with whom I chose to spend my time on this journey I call my life.

By realizing that I was cutting myself off from learning about this fabulous and wonderful person, I had disconnected myself from qualities I had enjoyed and cultivated as a child…curiosity!

to be continued...

Our next Relationship Readiness Weekend is coming up on June 6-7, 2009. This is a powerful program guaranteed to provide you clarity and direction around relationships. Register here


Couples Weekend Retreat - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - in Beverly Hills, CA - you receive 23 Intimate & Intense Hours of coaching. Contact us for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment